Had a great day hosting a group of strategic visitors today at the AquaRefinery. Also had a chance to film some more of the recycling process from battery feedstock arrival through breaking and separation. (We’ll be posting that video very soon.). I could not be more impressed and honored to keep company with the entire team.
FROM BATTERY FEEDSTOCK TO AQUAREFINED LEAD – 04.21.17
Opening Day 7.28.16 - A New Era Begins
Latest Aqua Metals News
Part of the reason we co-founded AquaMetals was from a deep-seated belief that we haven’t seen the best of lead acid batteries (LABs) yet and that there could be a market for advanced materials, equipment and processes to support a new wave of LABs.
We’re honored to be up for three S&P Platts Global Metals Awards this year—
INTERSTATE BATTERIES PARTNERSHIP
AQUA METALS TWITTER FEED
Battery recycling without the issues
Our Mission is to eliminate the inefficiency, costs and toxic waste associated with conventional smelter based recycling of Lead Acid Batteries. Our breakthrough, AquaRefining, delivers a better product, at a higher yield, eliminates toxic waste, reduces permitting and is less expensive to build than smelting.
96% of all rechargeable batteries produced are lead acid batteries (LAB)
- LAB production continues to grow at 18-30% per year
- Still the most cost effective battery for many high growth applications
Lead is the World’s most recycled material
- Almost 100% of new LABs contain some recycled “Secondary Lead”
- Modern LABs require high purity “Primary lead”
Currently all LAB recycling uses Lead Smelting – an old, inefficient and polluting technology.
- Smelting produces low grade “Secondary Lead”
- Production of Primary Lead from smelting, requires further refining