Today, we announced that Aqua Metals has produced the first-ever AquaRefined lead at the AquaRefinery in McCarran, Nevada.
FIRST AQUAREFINED LEAD 10.29.16
Opening Day 7.28.16 - A New Era Begins
Latest Aqua Metals News
We’re excited to announce that we’ve been given a special mention for the ICIS Best Process Innovation Award!
Aqua Metals is a finalist for two iChemE 2016 awards — Innovative Product & Sustainable Technology.
Take a video tour of the AquaRefinery with David Baker of the San Francisco Chronicle.
INTERSTATE BATTERIES PARTNERSHIP
AQUA METALS TWITTER FEED
Battery recycling without the issues
Our Mission is to eliminate the inefficiency, costs and toxic waste associated with conventional smelter based recycling of Lead Acid Batteries. Our breakthrough, AquaRefining, delivers a better product, at a higher yield, eliminates toxic waste, reduces permitting and is less expensive to build than smelting.
96% of all rechargeable batteries produced are lead acid batteries (LAB)
- LAB production continues to grow at 18-30% per year
- Still the most cost effective battery for many high growth applications
Lead is the World’s most recycled material
- Almost 100% of new LABs contain some recycled “Secondary Lead”
- Modern LABs require high purity “Primary lead”
Currently all LAB recycling uses Lead Smelting – an old, inefficient and polluting technology.
- Smelting produces low grade “Secondary Lead”
- Production of Primary Lead from smelting, requires further refining